Our Time

Our Time...

Yesterday was my best friend’s birthday. Nothing particular happen on that day. I just said ‘Happy Birthday ‘ and gave him a gift with green wrapper, his favorite colour. We made an appointment at starbucks on 7 o’clock. We didn’t think to have dinner that night. My stomach was full, neither did he. So get a coffee won’t kill us. We sat on black couch, ordered our favorite drink, frappucino blended coffee, and the conversation begin. We talked about the job. Although we works at the same company, we didn’t talk much. We were so busy. Classic, huh?! Hey, but that’s the truth actually...lol

Next, we talked about the time we used to hang out with our other friends. Sadly, most of them moved to other company. Only two of us left. We laughed for that crazy times. Suddenly we realized we had been worked for 3 years. It sucks to admit it. The question was pop up. What have we done along that time?I was shocked when I know the answer is ‘zero’. I put my coffee on table and leaned my back on couch. Teribbly shock! My friend gave a fist on my arm, told me it wasn’t so pauthetic. Oh my God!I can’t believed he used that word. It feels like I’m a loser.

Maybe my friends is right. I had spent my- 3 years- life in this place. He gave me an example. ‘There are a lot of things happen between that time. Some good and some bad. All of those makes you a better person (really??). So the score is not zero.’, he said. I didn’t say anything. Just gave him ‘I don’t believe you’ look. Somehow it proves that even between friends, there is a different view. He believes that actually we did something because we becomes different person. He’s right. But as a human being, I need something real. I need something that I can see or touch not just feel. “Well, then do something.”, He said. He said it like it’s the simple thing. It’s not!

“I have a lot of things on my mind, but it’s so difficult to achieve.”,I replied. “ So what’s the problem? Can you tell me?”, he asked. I stirred my coffee, didn’t realize my friend is waiting for the answer. He laughed. “You already know how to solve the problem. You are too lazy. How can you achieve your dream if all you do is waiting for the perfect time? We’re running out of time.”, he said. Although I pretend didn’t listen what he said, it cuts deeply into my heart. It’s so hurt to admit that I don’t have many time left.

I watched the kid that dropped his drink accidently. He almost cry but his mom grabbed him and said ‘it’s ok’. His world seems so safe. But I’m not kid anymore. If I want my dreams to be true, I must not be afraid of anything because I know exactly what I’m doing. It’s not just dream but it’s my life. I don’t want to end up to be a loser who regrets her life. So now is the time not tomorrow or next month or even next year. I don’t want to waste the time I have. I want to live my life to the fullest. I don’t care what people say about my dream. Maybe they thinks it’s crazy or ridiculous. Who the hell care anyway?!

I asked a note and pensil to a waiter. My friend smiled at me when he found out I wrote a list about my dream and how to fulfill it. ‘So today is the beginning of our time?’, he asked. I lifted my eye brow, confused. He pulled a note from his bag. The same list that I wrote earlier. We laughed at each other. I nodded my head, so excited. It’s so great to have a companion who have the same thoughts.

We finished the drink and go home with a lot of plan in our head

Yup! This is our time...our moment...our dream

Comments