U.N.I.Q.U.E


Cikarang, 18 September 2012

I read the book for second time. I read it accidently. The movie came at the theatre few weeks ago. I told my friend about the movie and he interested to read the book. So I brought it from Bandung.

While waiting inside the bus, I read it. I cant stop read it even when I already arrived at my boarding house. Beside the fact that it is a really good story, different from others dee’s book, I also love the character and the theme. The main character name is Kugy and Keenan. I loveeeeee Kugy’s life a lot! I wish I have the same life just like her. I see something quite a lot as same as mine, my friend said it also, so it’s like read story about myself, better expected-self. I want to be a famous writer and work at advertising company. So this story means a lot for me, like an awakening type of story that reminds me about my dreams. This life, normal life, distracted me from my dreams, from the person i wish to be,the person i’m feel comfort to be.

But I realize to be someone i wish to be, i will be someone completely different from others, from normal people in this normal word. So if i want to survive in this normal word, then I have to live in two different worlds. This is exactly what Dee said in the book, Perahu Kertas, the character Keenan said to Kugy about her passion to be a storyteller but took law major at university, so to be someone you wish to be, you need to be someone else first at this normal word with normal, somehow, boring people. I didn’t mean to say that people are boring or anythingelse but i’m always feel and think differently with others which I hope only happen in Cikarang. I thought people in Bandung more liberal with anything unnormal, and they called it, uniqueness

Comments