Bath Routine : Coffee

In junior high school, I was introduced to the scrubs for the first time. Then, there wasn’t many options. I even started with the traditional yellow powder which was bought directly from Jogja by my aunt. Now, there are various choices of scrubs with variety of scents. One that caught my attention was the scent of coffee. I’m a coffee lover. I usually drink 3 cups a day. But I’m that kind of coffee junkie, not kind of brewer’s yet. It’s just an ordinary one, eventhough I’m so obsessed with the smell of brewer coffee.
Finally, I decided to bought the coffee scrubs at the supermarkets. Once I reached my boarding house, I realized I was took the body butter, instead of body scrub. Ah, stupid me! At that time I did not know if both products has the same packaging. So if you want to buy, I recommed to read the label on packaging first. So I have to went back and picked up the right one. In the end I have 2 products to try.
This product is come from mustika ratu body care line.This body care has five different scents, which are olive, papaya, coffee, rose, and jasmine. This care series consists of a body scrub, body butter and body soap or bath & shower gel. For optimal body treatments, it is advisable to use these 3 series at the same. With the lure like that,I tried all three products. So for complete treatment, I went back again, for third time, to bought the last product. I decided to bought bath & shower gel, because body soap are more expensive and smaller. Beside of the nice scent, this coffee body care contains caffeine that serve as antioxidants which is good for your skin. So let’s get into each product.

Coffee Body Scrub
You can smell the scent immediately once the cap is opened. Its texture is a little rough because there are liquid and grains like coffee. I am applying to the whole body and let it dry a few minutes. Then I would take a small towel, wet it with warm water and rinsed my body. I rinsed my body area one by one with a cleaning towel before re-soaked in warm water. The funny thing is that coffee granules will also rinsed.

Coffee Bath & Shower Gel
I liked this part a lot. When finished with body scrub, it feels so fresh using this shower gel especially the coffee scent. The shower gel is translucent brown and texture is not too thick. I recommend using this gel shower with a shower puff for maximum results.

Coffee Body Butter
When I first bought it, the packaging was same as a body scrub including a label on the lid. But it seems everyone experienced the same mistake, because Mustika Ratu change the label design with slightly brown colour for body scrub. The texture is more creamy than the body lotion and leaves sticky sense on the skin. But coffee scent is still strong. If allowed to choose, I would rather wear body lotion than body butter.
Overall I really like using this skin care series from Mustika Ratu. I usually use it once a week to get smoother skin and, of course, the coffee scents in my bathroom. LOL.


Good luck everyone! 

Comments