How To : Survive From Bad Mood

Hello again guys...

After almost a year of my last post, I finally managed myself to start writing again. Ah, I'm not a good blogger. But I promise to be more often write the blog. This post is part one of the #HowToSeries which is written based on my personal experience and opinion.

This first series is about how to survive from bad mood. Bad mood, some kind of disease that comes in sudden and the effect is quite disturbing. I, personally, often suffer form this and didn’t realize any symptoms. But for women, perhaps we could tell when it’s come. Whatever the causes, whether it's hormones or small events in the morning, bad mood is very annoying especially for people who work with deadline. So we need a survival kit to reduce its effect. Yes, the one which looks line a first aid box.

Chocolate
This is one of my favorite snacks. This snack is very effective to overcome a bad mood. Why? Chocolate has a content that can improve mood, reduce fatigue and also be used as an antidepressant. Chocolate contains caffeine, theobromine, methyl-xanthine and phenylethylalanine. So it’s completely right to put it in your survival kit.

Hot Tea
Tea is my favorite drink after coffee and water. For me, hot tea is quite effective in reducing bad mood. My favorite tea is earl gray. I love this tea because it smells so good and taste a bit of mint. Another variation that you can try is a regular hot tea with extra lemon slices.

Aromatherapy
In the previous point, I mentioned the aroma of tea can overcome a bad mood. There is one more thing that should exist in our survival kit, aromatherapy. So, as I've mentioned in previous posts, I was obsessed with the candle. I prefer aromatherapy candle type rather than oil. Aromatherapy candles usually have more variety. The variety can be smell of food or fruits. But for a bad mood, you may prefer the scent of lavender or rosemary. Lavender has a calming effect, while rosemary associated with feeling happy and satisfied. Both of these scents supposedly affect performance and mood so its suitable for use in the workplace.

Play some nice music
After a survival kit that can be eaten, drunk and inhaled, we need a survival kit that is associated with hearing. Music can overcome bad mood too. Usually I have a playlist of my favorite song which stored in my laptop, mobile phone or other media.

Think Something Funny
Survival kit for this one related to the mind. Think of a funny incident or stories that can make us smile. Because it requires concentration, for simplicity I'll usually write it on a piece of paper or with images. Sometimes a smile can change everything, including the bad mood.

Take a Deep Breath
It's just like quell an anger. Breathing allows our body to return back to normal. I will breath and close my eyes at the same time for approximately 1-2 minutes to neutralize everything. It probably would look very foolish especially if we divide our work space with others. But it would be worth a try especially when our others kit is out of reach.


Good Luck Everyone !

Comments